Time: 20 minutes | Serves 4
- 2 lbs Ripe Tomatoes
- 1 large Cucumber
- 1 large Red or Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 cup stale Baguette or Ciabatta Bread
- 2 tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the core from the tomatoes and deseed (optional), then roughly chop into 1-inch pieces. Peel the cucumber and deseed (optional), then roughly chop into 1-inch pieces. Discard the stem, seeds and white pith of the bell pepper, then roughly chop into 1-inch pieces. Peel the garlic and roughly chop.
- For garnish, make a salsa from about ¼ each cup of chopped tomato, cucumber and pepper pieces. Dice into smaller ¼-inch pieces. Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper, and a light splash of sherry vinegar to taste. Set aside.
- Slice the stale bread into small cubes, about ½-inch pieces.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, garlic, and sherry vinegar to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the cubed bread and extra virgin olive oil, and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt, pepper, and additional vinegar to taste, blending as needed to incorporate. Pour into serving bowls, garnish with the salsa, and drizzle with olive oil. If desired, top with croutons.