Time: 35 minutes | Serves 4
- 1.5 – 2 lb Shrimp
- 3 – 4 links Smoked Pork & Quail Sausage
- 1 lb Potatoes
- 4 ears Sweet Corn
- 1 whole Onion
- 1 head Garlic
- 2 Lemons
- ½ cup Cajun Spice blend
- Melted Unsalted Butter or Compound Butter
- Brussels Sprouts
- Cocktail Sauce
- Tartar Sauce
- Hot Sauce
Note: Thaw the shrimp and sausage in the refrigerator 24-48 hours prior to cooking.
- Select a pot that leaves plenty of space for layering in all the ingredients plus room to boil. Add 4 quarts of water and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables. Wash and scrub potatoes, then slice in half or leave small potatoes whole. Shuck the corn, then break into halves or thirds. Quarter the whole onion. Halve the garlic bulb and 1 lemon along the width. Set aside.
- Next, slice the sausage links in half or into thirds, depending on size. Peel and devein the shrimp or leave shells and tails on, if preferred. Set aside.
- When the water reaches a boil, add about 1/2 cup of the spice blend. Stir in the potatoes, lemon, onion and garlic; cook for 8 minutes. (Note: Add small, trimmed artichokes at this stage.)
- Next, add the corn and sausage; cook for 5 minutes. (Note: Add whole mushrooms and brussels sprouts at this stage.)
- Add the shrimp. Boil for about 3 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Drain the cooking liquid or use a slotted spoon to transfer the boil to a table lined with newspaper or to large sheet trays. Serve with lemon wedges, melted butter, and desired condiments.