In this summer of uncertainty, we know one thing for sure. Whether we’re Zooming, home schooling, or back to business as usual, we are going to want recipes that work some magic on our overtaxed spirits – something easy, tasty, flexible, and fast. Enter this superhero of a grain salad. On top of being healthy, satisfying, and brilliantly green, it’s the perfect backdrop to just about anything you want to toss in with it!
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, white rice, or farro
- 1/3 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh basil leaves, rinsed and spun dry
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt to taste
- In a blender or food processor, blend the vinegar, basil, garlic, olive oil, honey, and salt to taste until the dressing is emulsified.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked grains with the dressing and chill until ready to serve. The salad keeps in the fridge for 2 days.
- Chopped roasted or grilled chicken
- Roasted salmon
- Grilled shrimp
- Chickpeas or cannellini beans
- Blanched green beans
- Sautéed greens
- Fresh arugula
- Chopped tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- Chopped cucumber
- Fresh corn kernels
- Feta or goat cheese
- Grilled zucchini or summer squash
- Roasted cauliflower
See how easy it is to put this delicious recipe together: