It’s a soup 911. We desperately need the comfort and simplicity of a nourishing, satisfying one-bowl meal, but if y’all haven’t noticed, it’s not exactly soup and sweater weather out there. Enter green gazpacho – zesty, cool, refreshing, reach-in-the-fridge-and-grab-it easy. Autumn doesn’t come easy in these parts, but we’ve got you covered.
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded if desired, coarsely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ jalapeno, minced
- ⅓ c green grapes
- 4 small green tomatoes, chopped OR 6-8 tomatillos, chopped
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, outer leaves removed and tender heart only
- 1 small avocado, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- A handful of tender herbs (parsley, basil, cilantro, chives, mint all work great)
- Juice of one lime
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbs toasted almonds, chopped
- ⅓ c plain yogurt
- ¼ c olive oil
- Place cucumber, green pepper, jalapeno, grapes, tomatoes or tomatillos, romaine, avocado, herbs, lime juice, and almonds in a blender or food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add yogurt and pulse again to blend.
- With blender running, add olive oil and salt to taste until blended to desired consistency.
- Chill thoroughly and serve topped with a dollop of yogurt, chopped avocado, more almonds, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Watch how easy it is to make right here: