- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 ½ cup turkey or chicken stock
- ½ cup gravy
- 2-3 cup cubed cooked turkey
- Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large skillet with high sides and a lid over medium high heat until simmering. Saute onion, garlic, celery, bell pepper, and green onions until onion is translucent.
2. Add rice and saute until rice is opaque and golden. Add stock, gravy, and cooked turkey, and season to taste with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
3. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low, and cover. Cook without lifting the lid for 30 minutes. Turn off heat and allow to steam for an additional 10 minutes.
4. Remove the lid, add parsley, and fluff with a fork.