Serves 2; Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 Tbs minced parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 slices whole grain sandwich bread
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 oz soft chèvre
- Place grated carrots, garlic and parsley in a small bowl. Squeeze lemon juice over and drizzle with olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss thoroughly.
2. Lightly toast bread and lay slices on a cutting board.
3. Spread the bread slices with chèvre, top 2 slices with prosciutto, pile carrot salad on top and close up the sandwiches. These transport great – just wrap tightly!