Serves 2; Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 grouper filets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs ghee or neutral flavored oil (don’t use olive oil or it will burn)
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 Tbs capers, drained
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 sprigs oregano or thyme
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, for serving
- Season the grouper filets with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the ghee or oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the grouper until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
3. Add the butter, garlic, capers and lemon juice. Once the butter has melted and begun to brown, tilt the skillet toward you (carefully) and spoon any pooling melted butter over the fish a few times.
4. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the herbs, swirling to coat in the browned butter, continuing to spoon everything over the fish for another minute or two.
5. Serve the grouper with the butter, garlic cloves, and herbs spooned on top and lemon wedges on the side.