*Adapted from Bon Appetit Magazine
- 1 Pie Dough, cold
- 1 lb. peaches, cut into ¾”-thick wedges
- 1 lb. plums, cut into ¾”-thick wedges
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. finely grated lime zest
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ⅓ cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. finely grated peeled ginger (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream
Notes: Thaw pie dough in the refrigerator overnight.
- Roll thawed pie dough onto a lightly floured surface to a 12-14″ circle or oval. The dough should be about 1/8″ thick.
- Roll dough onto a rolling pin and then unfurl on a sheet of parchment paper. Slide onto a rimmed baking sheet and chill while you prepare the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Combine cornstarch, lime zest, salt, and ⅓ cup sugar in a medium bowl. Toss with your hands to combine, then add fruit and toss to coat. Add lime juice, vanilla and ginger; toss gently.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator (keep on parchment paper on baking sheet) and arrange the filling in the center of the dough, leaving a 3″ border all around.
- Fold the edges of the dough up and over the fruit, overlapping as needed. If the folded edges of the dough tear, patch with dough scraps and pinch them together.
- Brush the cream all over the dough, then evenly sprinkle it with sugar.
- Place the galette in the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 375°F. Bake, rotating halfway through until the crust is deep golden brown, the fruit is soft, and the juices are bubbling, 45–50 minutes. Cool for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Serve with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top