- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 strips bacon, cut into lardons (optional)
- 1 pound carrots (about 4 large), peeled, cut into 3×1/4×1/4-inch sticks
- 1 pound large parsnips, peeled, halved lengthwise, cored, cut into 3×1/4×1/4-inch sticks
- Coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. If using, cook bacon gently in skillet until beginning to crisp. Add carrots and parsnips. Sprinkle with coarse kosher salt and pepper. Sauté until vegetables are beginning to brown at edges, about 12 minutes.
Add butter, rosemary, and honey to vegetables. Toss over medium heat until heated through and vegetables are glazed, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with more salt and pepper, if desired.