Adapted from @gimmesomeoven
- 6-8 cups chopped veggies, such as grape tomatoes, asparagus, red onion, bell pepper, and crimini mushrooms
- 1 lb Sicilian Chicken Sausage
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning, homemade or store-bought
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil for garnish
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper, or grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the lightly cooked and sliced Italian sausage, chopped veggies, and olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Toss to combine.
3. Turn the mixture out onto the prepared baking sheet, and spread everything out into an even layer. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, removing the baking sheet and stirring once at the halfway mark, until the veggies are tender and cooked through. Let cool for 10 minutes, garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve!
Pro tip: we recommend cooking the sausage separately in a cast iron skillet for a few minutes on the stove top to help it firm up before slicing into 1 inch chunks and adding to the veggie mixture for roasting.