- 8 oz. plain chevre
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup toasted walnut halves, divided
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup olive oil, plus more for pan-frying
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 Asian pears, diced and tossed with lemon juice
- Mixed greens, washed and spun dry – we love a mix of butterhead, red leaf, and baby greens
1. Divide the chevre into four equal pieces and shape into discs about ½” thick.
2. Chop about ¼ c walnut halves finely and combine with panko.
4. Dip the chevre rounds first in the flour, then in the egg, and finally in the panko mixture, making sure the cheese is completely covered in breading on all sides. Place on a plate and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or longer if possible.
5. Preheat oven to 200.
6. Make the vinaigrette: whisk together the shallot, vinegar, mustard, and olive oil until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper and set aside.
8. In a large bowl, toss greens and diced pear with vinaigrette and pile onto plates. Top each salad with a round of chevre and a few toasted walnuts and serve with a crusty baguette.