Everyone needs a few – those save-your-bacon, last-minute, pull-dinner-out-your-back-pocket recipes. A few years ago, we found ourselves out by the grill, thinking deep thoughts and cooking up a fat, juicy lamb steak. It was a good night made even better by the realization that what we whipped up to dollop on top of the lamb steak was a real keeper. With only three ingredients (!!), it is far, far greater than the sum of its parts – it’s creamy and complex, fresh and tangy, and plays well with just about anything you want to slather it on. Here’s the recipe and five ways to enjoy it:
Minty Green Garlic Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/2 c plain yogurt
- 1/4 c finely minced mint leaves
- 1 bulb green garlic, finely minced
- salt & pepper to taste
In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mint, and green garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Enjoy it . . .
- As a dip for raw carrots, celery, and radishes.
- Alongside grilled chops, steak, or fish.
- On a grain bowl with sauteed greens, seared tofu, and roasted beets.
- In a wrap with grated carrots, grilled chicken, tender lettuce, slivered onion, and roasted chickpeas.
- In a baked sweet potato.