Sesame Roasted Turnips
- 1 bunch Japanese turnips, greens intact, thoroughly washed
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Cut turnips in half lengthwise and place in a large bowl.
- 1 pound turnips, washed and peeled
1. Coarsely chop turnips and place in bowl of a food processor.
Pink Turnip Pickles
- 3 cups of water
- 1/3 c Kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 pounds turnips, peeled and cut into ½ inch thick batons
- 1 small beet, cut into ½ inch thick batons (or make them yellow with golden beets!)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
1. Place water and salt in a large saucepan and simmer until salt dissolves. Stir in bay leaves and vinegar.