This idea for a Turkish breakfast is more of a concept than a recipe, but trust us – when you’re gearing up for a sweltering day, the last thing you need is a hot breakfast. Think like a Mediterranean and start with a platter of perfect eggs, juicy vitamin C-rich tomatoes and cool cucumbers.
- 2 eggs, boiled medium, peeled and halved
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 2 oz. slice feta cheese
- A few olives
- 1 pita bread, warmed and cut into quarters
- Flaky salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of Aleppo pepper or dried chile flake
- Olive oil
Arrange eggs, tomato wedges, cucumber, feta and olives on a large platter. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper and drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle Aleppo pepper over everything. Serve with pita wedges.