Time: 60 minutes
- ½ lb Strawberries
- 1 lb Rhubarb stalks, leaves discarded
- 1 c White Sugar
- 1 Lemon, finely zested
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ tbsp. Cornstarch
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 12 oz Farmhouse Kitchen Gluten Free Oat & Pecan Streusel Topping
Note: Thaw the streusel topping in the refrigerator overnight.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Meanwhile, wash and hull strawberries, then quarter or halve depending on size. Slice rhubarb into ½-inch thick pieces.
2. Combine strawberries and rhubarb with sugar, lemon zest, vanilla, cornstarch, and salt. Toss well to evenly coat and combine all of the ingredients.
3. Transfer the strawberry rhubarb mixture to an 8” x 8” (2 quart) baking dish and spread out in an even layer. Scatter the oat & pecan streusel topping evenly over top. Adjust the texture of the streusel by crumbling it into a fine, sandy texture and/or into larger clumps by pressing it between your fingers.
4. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the edges are bubbling and the top of the streusel is golden brown. Check the crisp midway and tent with foil if the streusel is browning too quickly. Let the crisp rest for at least 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or sweetened yogurt.