Shaved Vegetable Salad with Fennel-Citrus Dressing
Stumped on how to use up those big, beautiful fennel fronds in your bushel? Whisk chopped fronds into a light vinaigrette for this fresh and summery salad, perfect for a light dinner on the porch. If fennel is out of season, fresh dill will do just fine.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash
- 2 medium rainbow carrots
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh fennel fronds, plus more for garnish (if desired)
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ⅓ cup cooked rainbow quinoa
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 2 teaspoons dry roasted and salted pumpkin seeds
- Using a vegetable peeler, carefully shave zucchini, squash, and carrots into long, thin ribbons.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, salt, and lemon. Toss vegetable ribbons in olive oil mixture and let sit 10 minutes.
- Transfer vegetable ribbons to a plate and set aside. Whisk fennel fronds and honey into remaining dressing.
- Toss vegetables, quinoa, and blueberries in dressing and divide among plates. Top with pumpkin seeds and serve immediately. Sprinkle with more fennel fronds, if desired.