- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs made from crustless French bread
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into 2-inch-long florets (save leftover stems for broccoli soup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot; sauté until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add breadcrumbs; toast until golden, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes. Transfer mixture to small bowl. Mix in lemon peel. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (pangrattato can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss broccoli with remaining 3 tablespoons oil in large bowl to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Spread out onto large rimmed baking sheet. Roast until stems are crisp-tender and lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle pan grattato over and serve.