Chorizo & Summer Veggie Foil Packet Dinners
- 1 pound of chorizo
- 1 pound yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 purple or red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and cut crosswise into 4 pieces each
- ½ bunch cilantro, washed and roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 recipe salsa verde, for serving
- Plain greek yogurt, sour cream, or creme fraiche, for serving
1. Lay out 4 large pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil on the counter. In each piece of foil, evenly distribute potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, onion, corn, and cilantro.
2. Slice off large pieces of chorizo and divide evenly among packets. Sprinkle each packet with salt and pepper.
3. Fold each packet securely, making sure the top fold is doubled or tripled over.
4. To cook, make a fire in a grill or fire pit and let flames die down to embers. Nestle the packets into the embers and cook until potatoes are tender – probably about 30 minutes. Move the packets around as they cook to keep from scorching.
5. To serve, open the packets up and top with salsa verde and plain greek yogurt, sour cream, or creme fraiche.