Satsuma Ginger Fizz
One of our favorite ways to get into the holiday spirit this season is, of course, a holiday spirit! Whether as a signature drink for your next holiday party or, hey, any ol’ weeknight really, this cocktail does the trick. This simple sipper is bright and citrusy, just boozy enough, and has a kick of ginger to give it a cozy and wintery finish. If you’re not feeling the rum, this makes a great virgin cocktail as well.
Total Time: 2 minutes
- 1 large satsuma (or you can substitute with 1 orange)
- 3 oz ginger beer (we love the ginger brew from Austin-based Maine Root)
- 3 oz tonic water
- 3 oz white rum
- mint, for garnish
- Juice satsuma and pour into a cocktail shaker.
- Add rum and enough ice to fill 3/4 of the shaker. Shake to combine, about 30 seconds. Strain into two glasses.
- Add a few cubes of ice to each drink. Top with equal parts ginger beer and tonic water. Garnish with a sprig of mint.