Halloumi & Tomato Salad with Garlic Herb Oil
Incredibly versatile with a pleasant bit of tang halloumi cheese is the perfect grilling cheese and pairs deliciously with fresh summer produce. This simple salad will be on repeat in your kitchen all summer long with its bright and garlicky herb oil drizzled over grilled halloumi and bites of tomatoes bursting with flavor. Be sure to prepare your herb oil and tomatoes before grilling the halloumi and devour as soon as it’s plated. This delicious cheese tends to get a bit rubbery the longer it sits and cools.
- 2 heads garlic, peeled minced (by hand or in a food processor)
- 1 tbs parsley, chopped
- 1 tbs oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 8oz halloumi cheese cut into 1″ thick slices
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes washed and diced
- Place a small sauté pan over medium heat and add in olive oil, minced garlic, parsley, oregano, and chili flakes. Bring to a simmer and allow to remain at a simmer for 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let oil rest until it reaches room temperature. Store it in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Halloumi can be heated directly on the grill or in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Grill or sauté until cheese is golden brown (refrain from checking or moving it too much) about 5 minutes. Flip and continue to heat until golden brown on the other side, about 3 minutes.
- Plate cheese and top with diced cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with garlic herb oil and enjoy!