Serves 3; Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- 2 large bunches of greens, washed and finely chopped
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small much dill, stems removed, fronds roughly chopped
- 12 flour tortillas
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat a generous pour of olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet with high sides. Sauté onions and garlic until barely starting to take on some color.
2. Add chopped greens with water still clinging to leaves, sprinkle with salt to taste (keep in mind the cheese will be salty!) and add a few grinds of black pepper. Cook, stirring and tossing until the greens have released their liquid and it has evaporated.
3. Remove skillet from heat and add feta, mozzarella, dill, and lemon juice to greens, and stir to combine thoroughly. Taste and correct seasoning if necessary.
4. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Add a slick of olive oil to coat.
5. While the griddle is heating, divide the greens mixture evenly over 6 tortillas, and cover with the remaining 6 tortillas.
6. Fry quesadillas until golden brown and serve with additional lemon wedges.