- ½ c vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tsp ketchup
- Tabasco or other hot sauce, to taste
- Make the remoulade: combine all ingredients in a small bowl, stir well, and set aside.
- Place mushrooms in a medium bowl, sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and pour buttermilk over. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Place cornmeal in a pie plate or large bowl and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat 3-4” oil in a Dutch oven until a pinch of cornmeal bubbles and rises quickly to the top.
- Lift mushrooms from marinade and toss in seasoned cornmeal. Carefully lower into hot oil and fry until golden brown. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate to drain as they are done.
- To serve, spread baguette with remoulade, pile oyster mushrooms on top and dress with lettuce, pickles and onion. Serve with Tabasco and lemon wedges.