Crunchy and sweet, carrots are a kitchen mainstay. We love them raw, but can’t stop ourselves from roasting or stir frying them too!
- Creamy carrot soup is as easy as can be. Simmer sauteed onions and garlic with peeled and chopped carrots in vegetable or chicken stock until carrots are tender. Add salt and a large pinch of curry powder and continue cooking for a moment longer. Add cream or coconut milk, then puree in batches in the blender. Top with chopped cilantro to serve.
- Save the tops! Make a carrot top pesto with carrot leaves, parsley, olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, almonds, or walnuts and parmesan.
- Make carrot cake fritters: toss grated carrots with beaten eggs, minced garlic, a splash of milk and enough flour to bind. Drop dollops in a sizzling hot skillet and serve hot with whole milk yogurt.
- Nothing beats carrot sticks and hummus for a delicious and healthy desk lunch!
- For a Parisian-style carrot salad, peel and grate 1 bunch carrots and drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in some chopped parsley and crumble goat cheese on top.
- Toss peeled and chopped carrots with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roast at 425 until caramelized. Top with toasted breadcrumbs and herbs.
- Honey-glazed carrots are a quick and delicious side–just saute peeled and chopped carrots gently in butter until tender, then drizzle in 2 tsp. honey and continue cooking until carrots are glazed.
- Got the grill going? Throw some whole peeled carrots on for a sweet and smoky treat. Just toss with a little olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper, then toss them over direct heat.