Toast 10 Ways
If you’re not on the toast train yet, now’s the time to hop on. There’s no better quick meal fix than this classic food. Whether an on-the-go breakfast, a stash away snack for the office or a speedy supper solution, we’ve loved all the wonderful ways to make toast our own.
Crunchy, crispy, deliciously simple toast offers itself as the perfect blank canvas food with endlessly creative combinations. Here, we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite ways to use your seasonal Farmhouse bushel vegetables with our basic Toast Bundle.
Toast 10 Ways
1. POTATO + PEPPERS + GREENS + ONION + AVOCADO – Sauté potatoes, spicy and sweet peppers, onions, and greens. Pile over toast and finish with sliced avocado. If time allows, add an over easy egg for extra protein.
2. SLICED ASIAN PEAR + CHEVRE + HONEY – Crisp and delicately sweet, Asian pears perfectly compliment the tangy goat milk cheese and honey. We’d eat this for any meal of the day, dessert included.
3. SAUTÉED SUMMER SQUASH RIBBONS + EGG + AVOCADO – Using a mandoline or vegetable peeler, cut zucchini, and yellow squash into long ribbons. Sauté in garlic and olive oil. Top over an egg and finish with sliced or smashed avocado.
4. SAUTÉED MUSHROOM + CHEVRE + AVOCADO – Mushrooms are hearty, rich and decadent while still being fairly effortless. We love to sauté them with butter, fresh herbs (like thyme, sage, or marjoram), and a splash of white wine until cooked through and fragrant. Spread chevre over toast and top with mushrooms and sliced avocado.
5. SCRAMBLED EGG + GREENS + AVOCADO + CHEVRE – A delicious breakfast, this is a great way to get your greens in early! Just sauté garlic with your favorite greens (kale, Asian greens, beet greens, any will do!), and add beaten eggs to the pan (over medium-low heat), stirring occasionally. Top toast with chevre and egg scramble and finish with sliced avocado.
6. GRILLED STEAK OR CHICKEN + AVOCADO + PEPPERS – A quick way to use your leftovers. Top your toast with grilled meat, smashed avocado and raw or lightly sautéed peppers. Top with hot sauce for an extra kick!
7. CHEVRE + CUCUMBER + TOMATO + AVOCADO – This toast version is crunchy, zesty, and bright. Just smear chevre over toast and top with layers of sliced cucumber, tomato, and avocado. Bonus: add red onion and capers if you have them!
8. BACON + BOILED EGG + SMASHED AVOCADO + TOMATO – A nod to the classic cobb. We prefer soft-boiled eggs for their runny center but any egg will do. Add blue cheese for added zest.
9. TOMATO + CHEVRE + FINISHING SALT + CRACKED BLACK PEPPER – Texas tomatoes don’t need much dressing up to taste great. This simple combo is quick and light and highlights the rich flavors of in-season tomatoes.
10. SAUTEED SWEET POTATO COINS + CHEVRE + FRIED SAGE – Thinly slice sweet potato coins and sauté over medium-high heat (covered), flipping once until soft and cooked through. In a separate pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sage leaves and sauté until crisp. Spread chevre over toast, top with sautéed sweet potatoes and top with crispy sage.