When the vibe says fall but the weather says summer, this is the salad you want for dinner: hearty roasted cauliflower, tons of herbs and savory crunchy nuts plus a dressing you’re going to want to double so you can slather it on everything. The finishing touch? Anchovy breadcrumbs – your new BFF.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- Olive oil, salt & pepper for roasting
- 1 bunch scallions, minced
- A handful mixed herbs – parsley, cilantro, basil all work great
- 1 cup sourdough or ciabatta breadcrumbs
- 1-2 canned anchovies, mashed with a fork
- 1 clove garlic, grated on a microplane
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 4 oz. chèvre
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs water
- 1 small clove garlic, grated on a microplane
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss cauliflower with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Roast in a single layer until tender and beginning to caramelize. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Toss the breadcrumbs with olive oil, garlic & anchovies. Bake at 450°F until toasted and crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk or stir with a fork until smooth.
- To serve, place the cauliflower on a serving platter, drizzle with the dressing, then top with scallions, herbs, and breadcrumbs.
Recipe by Elizabeth Winslow, Photography by Casey Woods.