- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 rack of lamb (6-8 chops), trimmed of fat and sinew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 12 ripe figs, halved lengthwise
- 16 sprigs thyme
Combine herbs in small bowl. Rub lamb with olive oil, half of chopped herbs, and garlic; cover and chill overnight.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat grapeseed oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper; sear until brown on both sides, 5 minutes total. Transfer lamb to large rimmed baking sheet; roast to desired doneness, about 20 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer lamb to cutting board; let rest 5 to 10 minutes. Maintain oven temperature; reserve baking sheet for figs.
Place figs and thyme sprigs on baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining herbs and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Roast in oven at 425°F for 10 minutes.
Cut lamb racks into individual chops; arrange on plates and place figs alongside.