- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup plus1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 lbs chickens drumsticks
- 1/2 lb shishito peppers
- 1/2 tsp finishing salt (like Maldon sea salt)
Purée first 7 ingredients in processor. With machine running, gradually add 1/2 cup oil through feed tube and process until blended. Transfer 1/4 cup herb mixture to small bowl; reserve. Add yogurt and lemon juice to remaining mixture in processor and blend.
Place chicken in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
Prepare grill (medium heat). Place chicken directly on grill. Cover and grill until chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally, about 30 minutes total. Remove from heat and sprinkle with reserved herb mixture.
Toss shishito peppers with olive oil and place on the grill, turning once, until soft and slightly charred. Remove from heat, toss with finishing salt, and serve alongside chicken drumsticks.