- 1 bunch arugula, washed well and spun dry
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted golden and cooled
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup hot water plus additional if desired
In a food processor pulse together all sauce ingredients except oil and water until arugula is chopped fine. With motor running add oil in a stream, blending mixture until smooth. Sauce may be made up to this point 1 week ahead and chilled, its surface covered with plastic wrap. Bring sauce to room temperature to continue. Stir in 1/4 cup hot water plus additional for thinner consistency if desired.