- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley, leaves only, no stems
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves, no stems
- 1/2 to 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- 2 pieces of pita bread, toasted until golden brown, broken into pieces the size of a quarter
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
In a small bowl whisk all dressing ingredients well.
Put all salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with 1/2 to 1 cup dressing or to taste. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese if desired. Serve immediately.