- 1 cucumber, washed
- 1 apple, washed and julienned or very thinly sliced
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 or 2 jalapenos or other hot peppers, minced, or 1/2 tablespoon hot pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Cut the cucumber in half. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds; discard them. Julienne or thinly slice the cucumber, then combine with the apple, garlic, peppers and cilantro.Toss with the vinegar, then add salt and pepper.