Toasted Oat Muesli with Summer Fruit & Yogurt
We like to think of the pantry as a toolkit. Stocked with high-quality staples, healthy, delicious meals are never more than a few minutes away. “High quality” is the key phrase, though – to get delicious results, you have to start with the good stuff. Here’s a quick, toasty muesli recipe to enjoy with summer’s bounty. Not-too-sweet, extra crunchy, and nutty, healthy oats are tossed with omega-rich nuts and sesame seeds and glazed with a hint of maple syrup or honey and fruity olive oil. A pinch of salt and a hint of vanilla provide a lovely foil for berries, peaches, and–later in the summer–juicy pears. This is easily doubled or tripled, so make a big batch and enjoy breakfast or snacks on the go for days on end!
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds or hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, sesame seeds, and nuts and toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup or honey, brown sugar, olive oil, water, vanilla, and sea salt.
- Pour liquid mixture over oat mixture and combine well with your hands until oats are thoroughly covered.
- Spread onto a baking sheet with sides and bake, tossing occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until golden and toasted. Cool and store in an airtight container.