Roasted Carrot Fries with Grapefruit Tzatziki
Have we mentioned our love for roasting vegetables? Yes? Well, this time we are pairing our vegetables with a delicious grapefruit tzatziki sauce with a little chefs help. Roasting carrots is the best way to bring out the flavors and natural sugars of the vegetable to get a delicious, golden brown and crispy carrot. They are nature’s candy! Turning them into a fry-like shape and dipping them into this yogurt based sauce is a like a match made in heaven, we aren’t kidding! This can be done with regular carrots or rainbow carrots, big carrots or small carrots…it’s going to taste awesome no matter what size, shape or color. P.S. Kiddos think they are fries ;)!
Total Time: 1 hr 30 min
For the carrots fries:
- 1 bunch carrots
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the grapefruit tzatziki:
- 1 C Greek yogurt, plain (Mother Culture or Kokonut Yogurt)
- 1/2 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove carrot tops and wash and dry the carrots thoroughly. Cut carrots into quarters lengthwise and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place carrots on baking sheet and roast for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly crispy.
- While carrots are roasting, prepare the tzatziki sauce. Combine yogurt, cucumber, garlic, dill, and grapefruit juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Best if let sit covered in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Sprinkle additional chopped dill over carrots for color and serve with tzatziki sauce.