Lemon Roasted Artichokes
Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut 1 inch off the top of the artichokes and trim the outer leaves. Cut the artichokes in half lengthwise. Use a knife to carefully core out the hairs from the center of the artichoke and place a garlic clove in each pocket. Drizzle with olive oil, squeeze the juice of one lemon over the artichokes, and sprinkle generously with salt, rosemary and thyme. Flip the halves over to roast on top of lemon slices. Roast for 45 minutes and flip to broil for 2 minutes to brown!
Serve with: Hemp Seed Pesto Yogurt
Mix 1/4 cup plain almond based yogurt (any plain yogurt will do!) with 3 tablespoons of hemp seed pesto (see recipe below)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh basil finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raw hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup olive oil + more for drizzling or use truffle oil for drizzling!
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced or grated, optional
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast, optional
- crushed red pepper to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe Credit: Rebecca Yaker (@xxrlilly)