- 4 ounces thick-cut bacon slices, cut into 1/4- to1/3-inch cubes
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 pound fresh or dried linguine
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Sauté bacon in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat until almost crisp and brown. Transfer to paper towels.
Cook broccoli in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender but still bright green, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer broccoli to medium bowl. Add pasta to same boiling water; cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
Drain pasta; return to same pot. Add next 5 ingredients. Toss over low heat to coat. Add bacon, broccoli, and cheese; toss to blend. Season pasta with pepper.