Recipe & Photography by Haley Bahm of Soul + Spoon
Coconut-Dipped Watermelon Lime ‘Pops’
Serving Size: 1 slice per serving
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 small watermelon, cut into triangle wedges
- 1 jar of pure coconut butter (or manna)
- Zest of 2 limes
- Bring coconut butter to room temperature (it should be smooth and spreadable. if your coconut butter has hardened in the jar, heat it in the microwave for 15 seconds and give it a good stir). Pour coconut butter into a deep, wide-mouthed glass or jar.
- Assemble your watermelon slices (keeping the rind on) onto bamboo skewers, and then dip them halfway into the coconut butter, being sure to coat the watermelon well. Lay each skewer onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Repeat until you have used all of your watermelon.
- Place cookie sheet in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow the first layer of the coconut shell to harden.
- Remove tray from the fridge, and repeat the dipping process a second time to thicken the shell coating.
- Reassemble your skewers onto the cookie sheet, sprinkle with lime zest (and a pinch of salt, if desired), and return to the fridge until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!