1 large cucumber (1 lb) 1 bunch radishes 1/4 cup cider vinegar 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar or raw agave nectar 1 tablespoon vegetable oil Peel cucumber, then halve lengthwise and slice crosswise 1/4 inch thick. Cut each radish lengthwise into Read on!
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks 1 large onion, preferably red, chopped 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil Salt and freshly ground black pepper 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh hot chile (jalapeño, serrano) 1 clove Read on!
Slice tomatoes into various shapes—wedges, slices and chopped Layer with slices of mozzarella cheese and basil torn into large pieces. Drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar, sprinkle with sea salt and grind black pepper over. I also like Read on!
• 6 figs, cut criss-cross not quite through to the bottom • ricotta cheese • prosciutto (optional) • basil • olive oil • balsamic vinegar • freshly ground black pepper Place figs on platter with prosciutto, basil leaves, and Read on!
• Tomatoes • Olive oil • Salt and pepper • Red wine vinegar • Parmesan cheese • Herbs Slice tomatoes and/or cut into wedges—use a mixture of types and colors if possible. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, sprinkle Read on!
• ½# green beans, stem ends removed • 2–3 heaped tsp Dijon mustard • 2 Tbs white wine vinegar • 7 Tbs extra virgin olive oil • sea salt and freshly ground black pepper • 1 medium shallot, peeled Read on!
Slice 2-3 zucchini lengthways as thin as you can. Grill or sear in skillet until lightly charred on each side. Arrange on platter and sprinkle with a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle with red pepper Read on!
• 4 ripe peaches • olive oil • salt and pepper • 1 T red wine vinegar • olive oil • 1 t plain yogurt or cream • sliced prosciutto • arugula or baby greens • crumbled chevre Heat Read on!
• 1 bunch beets • ¼ c Italian parsley • 2 oz Wateroak chevre • ¼ c red wine vinegar • ¾ c olive oil • salt and pepper to taste Place beets in small covered oven-safe dish and Read on!