Broccoli & Bacon Pizza
If the only thing better than pizza is bacon, what would happen if we put them together? This is the kind of question we ask ourselves late at night. Well, in service to the cause, we tried it and all kinds of deliciousness ensued. Smoky bacon, earthy broccoli, and creamy mozzarella come together to create something way greater than the sum of their parts. And it all happens so fast. Mix up a pizza dough before you leave for work and let the yeast work its magic in the fridge while you’re gone, or let a pre-rolled and par-baked Slow Dough crust do the work for you. Either way, cue up your favorite series or movie, because dinner’s not going to take long. We’re here to tell you: this is definitely a pizza party you don’t want to miss.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 uncooked pizza crust to make a 9-12″ pie
- 1 1/2 c chopped broccoli florets + stalk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 T olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 oz mozzarella, sliced
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and cook bacon until about halfway done. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Preheat oven to 500.
- Roll pizza dough out to a 9-12″ circle or rectangle (the thinner you roll it, the crispier it will be). Set aside to rest.
- Place broccoli in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Place in a mixing bowl and add garlic and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well. Spread broccoli mixture over pizza dough and top with bacon and mozzarella.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until golden, then turn on broiler and continue cooking until top is blistered in spots and cheese is golden. Remove from oven, slice and serve immediately.